Monday, May 11, 2009

Reflections: Weeks 15 and 16

Hey Bloggers! Well this is farewell for now. I had so much fun throughout this course and feel that we all worked very hard throughout the semester. Everyone brought so much to the table and exhibited themselves very positively. As I'm writing about weeks 15 and 16, I am very sad to say this course is coming to an end. This class has been by far my favorite class throughout my whole college experience. I am very thankful for all of my classmates and for Dr.V most of all!

Week 15 and 16
During Week 15, we were very fortunate to meet Sue Whitney author and founder of JUNKMARKET. I loved all the ideas she gave us and was very thankful for the free book she distributed to our class. I've been reading it like crazy getting new ideas for those good ole' summer rummage sales. I loved how she explained her childhood to correlate with what she presented. She told us that she didn't have many possessions when she was young and thought of getting something in a store brand new as a huge gift. I definitely take for granted how fortunate I've been to all the things I own. Throughout the class period, various students shared their experiences with their "junk" and how they refurbished it as well. Kathy and Brenda came up with a few neat ideas with junk they found. I never will look at a rain gutter the same after seeing how they created a yarn holder... very creative by the way! I really enjoyed this experience since I am very interested in making my own decorations already. I really hope to use her ideas to eliminate my wastes even more. And of course the subway was perfect! Thank you again Dr.V for making all of this possible!

Our last class was a very inspiring experience. Dr. V was presented with her picture frame gift that had many interesting artifacts attached to it. Each student had the opportunity to reflect on their item's purpose. Each of us had the chance to reflect on the whole semester and what we had learned throughout the way. I really feel like we were the perfect class! I had so much fun throughout the semester and met a lot of really cool people. I really believe that we were placed in the class for a reason. I would like to thank Dr. V first and foremost. She taught us many life long lessons in a very laid back fashion. She made it really fun to learn and let us express ourselves in a humorous fashion.I would also like to thank my classmates. You all worked really hard and really made the class an enjoyable experience. I hope that we all take the lessons learned and apply it to our lives. I really have learned a lot through this experience and plan on being an advocate of going green!! I will miss you all!!

6 comments:

*Shar* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Shar* said...

Tear...such a cute final reflection! I will miss blogging and may decide to do a share and voice from now and then so come back to check on it! lol Great job this semester Christen, I had lots of fun being in group 1 with you! Have a great summer=)

Kathy @ Choh's Changing Environment said...

Hey Christen!
I am so glad we finally got to be in a class again together this semester! I loved reading your blogs and your thoughts! I agree, I think everyone in this class worked very hard and brought a lot to the table! We are doing stuff this summer Christen!!
Youre awesome!

Love, Kathy

Steve @ Steve's Enviro-Blog said...

Hey Christen!

Great final Reflection! It's sad that this class has to come to an end, it was definitely a great experience! It was nice being in group 1 with ya! Have a good summer!

Steve

Heather Belknap said...

Christen, that was a really great final reflection! I'm glad I met you this semester, you're such a great girl! This class was so much fun... sad to see it gone... Great job! and have a great summer!

Kaileigh's Nature Log said...

Christen- your post makes me sad that we are done!! Really good final post!!! Have a good summer!!!:)