Monday, May 4, 2009

Share and Voice: Highway Cleanup



Hey bloggers! Well, this is going to be my proudest share and voice yet! I am currently a member of Eta Sigma Gamma which is a national professional honorary for men and women in health education in case you didn't know. We had the opportunity to participate in the highway cleanup the other day. It was a very interesting experience to say the least. I was suprised to see how many animal bones we had found throughout the cleanup. We found a large group of deer bodies along with a dead duck and skunk. I'm not going to lie, I got scared a couple times as I grabbed for a piece of garbage and saw a dead animal right in front of me. Haha!! I'm sure people in a 1 mile radius could've heard me scream! and Here are some of the pictures....











I thought this was a very great activity for us to do since we're learning about the environment around us so much in this course. I feel like everyone should take part in cleaning up highways and other areas in their community to improve the appearance and well being.

5 comments:

Dr. V. said...

Nice job, gang!

hschoof said...

Love this!! Great pictures. :)

*Shar* said...

Great pictures~! I'm so mad I couldn't make it=( I heard about all the stuff you guys found, great work Christen!!!

Kathy @ Choh's Changing Environment said...

THOSE DEAD ANIMALS ARE FOREVER HAUNTING ME!!
I cannot believe we picked up that deer skeleton!! ahh
haha great job taking pictures Christen! This was fun with you! :)

Sara H's Safe Environment said...

I sent you an award! Come pick it up on my page! great job!