Monday, May 4, 2009

Share and Voice: Tips for Going Green


Hey Bloggers! Since this school year is soon to be over, many of you are probably considering moving to another house or apartment. It can be quite a stressful event going through all your "junk." I have become a huge pack rat this last year since I have an interest in refurbishing my old junk and making into something useful. Spring cleaning is one of the most irritating things to do especially in a house of 6 people (my house). We all are planning on working as a team to get the job done. That's when I realized all the alternatives you can use instead of using harmful chemicals.


Home cleaning supplies

Baking soda and hot water can get your house sparkling clean at an affordable price. The chemicals in something such as Windex glass cleaner are very harmful to your respiratory system when breathed in. It's a better idea to use cloth material to clean verses paper towels as well.When going through things such as magazines and clothes, there are many alternatives to dealing with them. You can recycle, donate, sell, or reuse them instead of throwing them away.

Click on PLANETGREEN to get more tips around the house! This website is amazing and offers other alternatives for topics such as: Ways to green your fridge, keeping paper towels out of your house, how to go green spring break, eating green, and also offer news articles about people going green. I really like this website and plan on looking at it on a regular basis to improve my ability to go green!

1 comment:

*Shar* said...

Well you got one thing right, the school year is almost over and I couldn't be happier! But I'm not moving this year (thank goodness) but I do like the cleaning product ideas;)
I want to try and use them but I'm kinda nervous because I don't like the smell of vinegar that much...Well, good post and good luck moving and cleaning=)